Wednesday, March 08, 2006

the real think tank

What is it about water that makes the human brain revv?

I'm pretty certain that I'm not unique to find that I do some of my best thinking in the shower. (Is it due to a psychological release of the conscious, allowing the murkiest of subconscious thought to float to the surface? I don't know, but I would love to hear from a more qualified individual on the matter.)

This being the case, I often find myself dictating grandiloquent ideas to be jot down by no one in particular while making use of my home's showering facilities.

It appears that there are inventors who have capitalized on this market. I have seen easels meant to be hung in one's shower as to capture the rapture of water-born ideas. I remember long ago watching a science program, I think it was called Discovery 2000, in which they demonstrated a waterproof notepad and writing implement invented by an eccentric Japanese scientist who often had eureka(!) moments while swimming in his lap pool.


Now only to come up with a reasonable explanation for my wife who will shortly be exasperated to learn that I shower with the some very feminine muses.

No comments: