Saturday, January 13, 2007

beyond the grave

(what might be an inappropriate title based on something you will read shortly)

In a very personal spell of synchronicity or perhaps merely coinci-dance, I've just finished off Robert Anton Wilson's "Email to the Universe". At the near end of the book, it recounts an interview from 2002 with Paul Krassner that ends with this:
Paul Krassner: Recently, when I spoke at a college campus, a student asked what I wanted my epitaph to be. I replied, "Wait, I'm not finished." What do you want your epitaph to be?

Robert A. Wilson: I have ordained in my will that my body will get cremated and the ashes thrown in Jerry Falwell's face. The executor of my will should then shout one word only: "Gotcha!"
Since this book is classified as non-fiction, I patiently await Reverend Falwell's decoration by a guerrilla ontologist.

No comments: