Tuesday, February 21, 2006

living la vida anarquia

Over a month ago, I wrote a little about seeing our everyday, seemingly statist-ified world in the more pleasing light of anarchy. To briefly quote:
Starting from there, I came to see present human existence in a, ahem, state of anarchy. Yes, even with nation states and governments, I still maintain that we have workable anarchy today. This is because anarchy is but the label of the grid I use to perceive the order of reality.

When I look through this grid, I see criminal gangs calling themselves governments, who are merely cruel parasites to the human race.
I was then overjoyed to see this Mises post discussing an article published in the Summer 1979 issue of the Journal of Libertarian Studies which promises that it "blows apart the way you've seen the world."

The topic of course is "Do We Ever Really Get Out of Anarchy?", and it goes on to make the case that the idea of government, by its definition does not truly exist, and that our coexistence is but a specific shade of political anarchy.

It's really good stuff, have a look.

No comments: